Saturday 18 June 2011

So I cried smiles

So I cried smiles

For those that wanted to see the lie that I’m fine

I blotted out laughter

For ears that wanted to hear the sound they thought meant I was happy

I jumped, clapped, danced

For spectators that I knew were looking in

Let them see my happy dance, assume my state of mind by my outward appearance

And after doing all that

I discovered how easy it can be to hide the pain and scars inside your heart

behind the I’m glad, I’m so dandy and happy smiles I buried my scars

So I cried smiles for a while

behind the smiles were thousands of why’s

Many I want to die

Hundreds of insecurities buried inside

Buckets of tears

All covered up nicely

with that good old face plastered lie

That I smiled allot so I must be fine

And during times like this

When everyone is blocked out because of the facade that hides the pain going on inside

Only one that see’s beyond what the human eyes see

Hears the silent screams for help the human ears don’t hear

The one that see’s the inside of you and me,

Only He can help deliver, relief, set free

No comments:

Post a Comment