Monday 16 July 2012

Is 'nothing'




So here's what I want to write about tonight. You know when tears are falling down your eyes, or when you're feeling upset and someone comes up to you and asks you "what's wrong" and you reply "is nothing", yea that's what I want to write about tonight. Why do we do that? Why is it that we find it so hard to be honest with people? Is it that we don't want people to know the thoughts that truly make us vulnerable or are we just people that don’t like to make a fuss? Ok, let’s make this a bit more personal, if this is something that you do, why do you do it? Is it a case of trust? Or do you feel like your problems will only burden people; hey don’t say that’s crazy, some people think that way. Some people feel like their problems are burdens to others so they rather keep things to themselves than share it, and for these people, when something is wrong with them, no matter how obvious it is, they will always tell you, ‘is nothing’. Are you one of those people? If so where do you think that mind-set stems from? I'm just asking questions, REMEMBER THIS IS TO WHOEVER, it could be to the person that reads this in 2015 lol!, let’s just chat, why not? Let me sketch a poem about this, will be a scenario piece


"Is nothing, I'm fine"

“I said is nothing so leave it yea!".

She sighed, her head lowered as though she was uttering a silent prayer to heaven for me.

She's never been good with obscurity, she's always been a say everything or nothing kind of person. "Well ok" she says, "if you say you're fine then I guess you are fi-"

"FINE"! I didn't let her complete her sentence, the words sort of skipped out my mouth, excited to shut her up.



Her legs hung loosely from our chairs,

Why did I ask her to seat with me if I was going to withhold information? Why did I ask for this attention if I didn't want to have this conversation?

Something in me wants to weep in her arms, let her know what's wrong

Something in me wants to hold her hand, explain I don't need to hear a sound, just want her to understand my silence

Something in me wants to open up but I'm scared, confused, anxious; wondering if opening up will lead to regrets

Lost in my thoughts I hear her voice gently question:

"Are you sure nothing is wrong?"

"Yep, nothing is wrong, I’m fine, don't mind me I'm always fine"

A small smile spreads across her face, she didn’t believe the lie but she got the message

There was no way I was going to open up and spill

Here’s to hoping my 'i'm fines' were prophetic  

5 comments:

  1. so whats your take on the post? You ever said 'is nothing' to anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello doll,
    first of all I’d like to thank you for having visited and comment on my blog. I came to pay you a visit as well and I am really delighted with yours. I'm your new follower and
    I'd like to invite you follow mine if it pleases you. I’d delighted!
    I wish you lots of success.


    ps - and yes, I've said it too many times!!!
    kisses

    http://cottoncandy-peaches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said "it's nothing" to people. I think I am one of those people who doesn't want to bother others with my problems...
    Great post, dear!


    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad your read it! Thank you, and you know what many people are like that you know

      Delete