Friday 6 January 2012

When the concubine wed

Sorrow I became a concubine for you

Laid with you night after night and watched my faith and hope fade too

You introduced me to your friends misery and pain

I flirted with them all and watched as you contended for my heart

again and again


Sorrow through you disbelieve became my best friend

We held pity parties in your honor and I met more of your friends

For a while depression and I also had a thing

Then fear crept in and I welcomed him


But oh how fragile an unconvicted relation is

How easy it is to steal away what was never yours in the first place

Joy came, and he posed a ring

So i had to leave you, we had such a fragile and destructive thing


What we had makes me all the more glad that I have Joy now

Couldn't see back then, but faith is stronger now

So au revior to you, depression and fear

Will only be seeing you guys again if in UN-faith-full-ness my heart permits you all to reappear

No comments:

Post a Comment