Monday 11 June 2012

Mike 'OPENS' up


MIKE ‘OPENs’ UP



An interview with the poet Open Mike



Poetic Release caught up with one of the featured acts Open Mike after the show and asked him a few questions about his set.



Your performance was great, what was the inspiration behind your poem?

The inspiration for my poem was life experiences, being in a relationship where everyone else realises that that person isn’t good for you except you, and relating that to how it is being saved and understanding that before you get saved you might believe that people are good for you when actually they are not.



How do you think your performance of the poem went today?

I enjoyed performing it, I personally though I was a bit rusty, but I still really enjoyed it. The crowd was warm and receptive so it was good.



So how long have you been writing poetry?

Since 2007, so for five years.



And how long have you been on the poetry scene?

Literally 5 years, my friend Denis told me to come and perform at a show he was performing at and that started my poetry career.



And finally if people want to find out more about you where can they go?

I’m fairly underground, about as underground as you can be, but I will be working on getting some of my work out there either on visual or audio format in the future. For now though you can find some of my poetry mainly on my blog which is www.openmikeonline.tumblr.com. It’s an organic site, whenever something interesting pops into my mind I put it on there. It’s a cute little site, it’s like an open rhyme book that has scribbles that probably wouldn’t make full poems but just gives you something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment