Monday 11 June 2012

Dear Love


Dear Love

I understand why you’re taking your time

Please take your time

Twas only a while ago that I was in pain

Only a while ago I thought I’d fallen in love again

So love it’s clear that I’ve got a lot to learn



Oh love

Do take your time

Let me see that the long and short hand will always land on you

Let me trust that you are indefinite

Let me trust the work that you do



Twas only a while ago I misunderstood you

A while ago I realised I need to know you more

Draw me closer

Let me drink from your river bank of grace

Consume and eradiate all negative past memories

Wash out past experiences that’s polluted my perspective

As I learn to embrace you in all your fullness and truth

Give me grace to let you do in me what you have to do





3 comments:

  1. this touched my soul. i had a convo with a friend the other day on this topic. i need to share this with her.

    ReplyDelete