Sunday 19 August 2012

Then I ran from you now I run to you

When I pictured you


I pictured knotted strings

And caved in hills that formed dark cages in the middle of nowhere



I saw in you blacked out chimneys with no room for air

Fenced surroundings isolated from intimacy, fun or laughter

I saw dry lands and un-watered gardens, dying, panting for life



In picturing you I pictured deep dark hidden secret places

Types of places brave adventurers would explore but even the most bold doubted before

I pictured shadows of what was and saw what is overshadowed by the pains and secrecy of yesterday



Now I see open buds in your eyes

I see deserts damped by rain from the skies

I see fields ready for harvest

Eagles about to leave their nest ready to take flight for the very first time

I see horizons of golden landscape

Landmarks of hope and restoration

I see secret places longing to be discovered because the beauty they posses are yet to be explored

I hear rivers of joy in every speech and word that flows from your tongue

All this I now see because I am finally free from the darkness that bounded me and I am free to see past the mess and see the beauty that's been inside you all along

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you, you are also invited to follow mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice poem~ very deep

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem
    I would be so happy if you could like my Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/RoseHeartMode

    ReplyDelete