Monday 17 October 2011

I won’t lie
I will crumble in your arms like clay if u were to ever say,
I am not the person you want me to be

I will break apart because your criticisms stones
Shattering the image of perfection I see when it comes to me and my personality alone
Your words will be knives cutting their way through a forest of hidden pride
And just one word from you, one rebuke, one rejection, will have me feeling exposed
Your words will tear of my cloak of perfection and I will feel lost
Human
Seeing myself for what I am
A weak man, in need of something supernatural to clean him up

Grace is for everyone

So If I’m not the person I want people to see
Then I must be the humble person that allows grace to change me
And that might mean, hearing some rebukes, seeing some flaws
Coming to terms with the fact that that I am not perfect at all
Need to be continuously changed by the word
Pride must bow down
Learn, grow, accept rebukes gracefully
There’s enough grace to change even the worst things about me

6 comments:

  1. that is really lovely, and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank ya lyddiegal. It a-bit sad, but hey thankfully grace exists ey lol. I heard a love story and it inspired this....

    enjoy ur day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep and wonderful words, but a little bit sad..! You seems a very great person.
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous writing. This is so true and beautiful.

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that is so nice! im worthless!
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. Please come to see mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete