Friday 2 March 2012

“The Christian should be like those lovely spring flowers which, when the sun is shining, open their golden cups, as if saying, "Fill us with thy beams!" but when the sun is hidden behind a cloud, they close their cups and droop their heads”. Spurgeon


The son’s flower

Your light strengthens me

Your rain helps me to grow

You know just how to feed me

Make me as beautiful as you



In your presence I flourish

You make me the beauty for eyes to see

And oh how wonderful it is when people see beyond me

And glorify you, the reason of my existence

 Oh fill me with your beams

For when behind the clouds you hide

My head drops, your presence I need



 

7 comments:

  1. lovely words indeed... our life is not just fashion and glitters, it needs deep toughts and a conncetion to our spirit...

    Love, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I love the sentiment behind it.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely words and thank you so much for your comment on my blog!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nicely written! :)

    xo Nav
    http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! the flower is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete